About Wasatch Powder Monkeys
Tom Vollbrecht, the Chief Monkey, holds a deep-rooted passion for the outdoors. Living in the Wasatch Mountains he has an array of outdoor adventures to take advantage of every day. At times, the options seem limitless: a day in waist-deep "Wasatch magic" powder, skate-skiing on a perfectly groomed course at the McPolin Farm, road cycling over Brown's Canyon, fly-fishing the Provo River at Sundance, camping by Cecret Lake, or enjoying the hundreds of miles of world-class single-track trails in Summit County. This is his world.
His understanding of outdoor consumer needs was spawned by his desire to be outside playing. With the mountains as his "backyard", he conceived and developed Wasatch Powder Monkeys: innovative, game-changing outdoor products that help your valuable time outside last longer."We want to make it easier for people to get outside and have more fun," Tom emphatically says. "By simplifying the process of getting you to your destination means you have more time to play!"
About Tom Vollbrecht
Tom is an avid road cyclist, mountain biker, Nordic and backcountry skier, and competitive sailor. Tom is an innovator who is constantly coming up with new ideas, including SwitchBlade™ Roof Rack system and the Quick Draw Fly Rod Case™. His need to play outside and continuously innovate inspired him to start Wasatch Powder Monkeys.
How do you know if you're a Wasatch Powder Monkey? That's easy, anyone who shares our core values we consider to be in the Powder Monkey family.
- We are obsessed with an outdoor lifestyle.
- We require innovative, quality gear to make it easier and faster to get outside and enjoy the outdoors as long as possible.
- We're committed to building communities around our mantra: "Anytime outside is better than anytime inside." Ultimately, it's all about the people–whether that involves our products, our company, our town, or our causes.
- We listen carefully to these communities and react with tangible results and transparency.
- We produce quality products. Our products are built to last a lifetime. They provide substantial value-add to users. They provide unique functionality that responds directly to what our communities tell us they need.
- We believe that whether you live in the Wasatch back, in an international metropolis or anywhere in-between, the spirit of the Powder Monkey probably lurks somewhere deep in your soul.
Release your inner Monkey and come join our community!